COVID-19 - UPDATE ON APPOINTMENTS If you are worried about attending your hospital appointment, or are self-isolating, Prof. Tahir can arrange either a telephone or video consultation. Please book appointments in the usual way, but please inform the appointments team if you prefer to have a telephone or video consultation. For further information, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 020 7123 4596
Prof Hasan Tahir has been actively involved in treating acutely unwell patients with COVID and at the forefront of COVID research. He is the Principal Investigator for a number of COVID studies including the national RECOVERY Trial
Prof. Tahir recently appeared on the “Hospital UK” series on BBC2:
Recent Covid-19 articles by Prof. Tahir
- Aspirin in patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 (RECOVERY): a randomised, controlled, open-label, platform trial
- To Inject or Not to Inject Corticosteroid Injections in the Face of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Long COVID Syndrome
- Treatment of COVID-19: a review of current and prospective pharmacotherapies
- COVID-19 vaccines: what happened to evidence-based medicine?
- Digital health strategies in the war against COVID-19 and beyond
- COVID-19 and rheumatology: Reflecting on the first wave and preparing for the second wave
- Emerging COVID-19 vaccines: A rheumatology perspective
- Immunosuppression drug advice and COVID-19: are we doing more harm than good?
- COVID-19 and rheumatology: is shielding really necessary?
- Cytokine storm and use of anakinra in a patient with COVID-19